Despite trade wars, Trump tweets, record low interest rates, Brexit and a sluggish domestic economy, the ASX200 is up over 20% in 2019. As we move into a new decade with domestic and US markets at record highs, investors are asking where to find growth in the coming year.
Hyperion's Tim Samway and Magellan's Vihari Ross join Gemma Dale to share the opportunities they foresee in 2020, including:
- How the direction of interest rates is a key swing factor in identifying the best opportunities into 2020 and beyond
- How lower long-term rates have favourable implications for the value of certain companies
- Examples of these tailwinds and stock ideas that stand to benefit
- What the wealthiest members of society are spending more on
- Why the demand for luxury products is at an all-time high and expected to continue, and
- Which products and services do relatively well in recessions.