Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge are in the process of rolling out a version update which is impacting some nabtrade functionality, including buy/sell buttons and certain page loads. If you are a Chrome or Edge user and are experiencing these problems, please visit the following FAQ to review the steps that need to be taken to prevent this issue from occurring.

What is the difference between transferring Issuer Sponsored and Broker Sponsored shares?

The way you transfer your shares will depend on how your shares are Sponsored.

As a shareholder, you can choose to register the legal title to your shares on either the:

  • CHESS sub-register - managed by the ASX via a Sponsoring Broker e.g. nabtrade, or
  • Issuer Sponsored sub-register - maintained by the company who issued the shares. Most companies engage a share registry to administer the sub-register on their behalf e.g. Computershare or Link Market Services.

You can find out how your shares are held from the reference number on the top right corner of your latest holding or dividend statement.

If the reference number on your statement begins with an ‘I’ this is a Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) which means your shares are Issuer Sponsored.

You will have a unique SRN for each Issuer Sponsored holding.

If it begins with an ‘X’ you have a Holder Identification Number (HIN) and the ownership of your shares is registered electronically with CHESS by a Sponsoring Broker. Your unique HIN can register multiple securities.