Platinum International is one of Australia’s most widely held professional investment managers, and its CIO, Andrew Clifford, is worried. On a historical basis, he and his team fear that global markets are heading into bubble territory, with potentially catastrophic consequences for investors.
In this frank and informative conversation, Platinum’s Andrew Clifford and Julian McCormack discuss:
- The sectors of global markets that most concern them (hint: it’s not Amazon)
- Historical precedents for today’s imbalances
- The five most concerning pieces of data for long term investors
- Whether to take profits for those who bought the dip, and
- How to find value in today’s market, across equites, commodities and other assets.
You can access this and previous episodes of the Your Wealth podcast now on iTunes, Podbean, Spotify or at nabtrade.com.au/yourwealth
If you’re short on time, consider listening at 1.5-2x speed, which should be shown on the screen of your device as you listen. This won’t just reduce your listening time; it has also been shown to improve knowledge retention.