It is a regulatory requirement for all Foreign Companies to be registered with ASIC in order to open an account.
Once registered, to open a Foreign Company or Organisation account you will need to complete the following when completing the application form:
- Your company/organisation name and trading name (if any)
- Industry Classification (Australian law requires all financial institutions to collect information about your industry category and type)
- Australian Registered Body Number (ARBN), Australian Business Number (ABN) and or Australian Company Number (ACN)
- Tax File Number (TFN)
- Date of registration with ASIC
- The country in which the company was formed (incorporated or registered)
- Tax country of residence
- Your company's registered, physical/principal place of business or your principal agent in Australia, mailing address and your registered address in the foreign jurisdiction
- For each company director, their full name, date of birth, address, contact details and a valid email address.