Talk of rising inflation has been threatening to knock share markets off their record highs, but many investors have no real experience of a high inflation environment. Is it really a big deal, and should investors be positioning for a downturn?
Fidelity’s global cross asset specialist Anthony Doyle joins Your Wealth to discuss:
- What central banks really fear (and it’s not rising inflation)
- Why inflation can be low while your expenses keep rising well ahead of your income
- How the experience of the 1970s has shaped recent policy decisions
- Which assets and markets are likely to thrive if inflation starts to rise, and
- How to ensure you’re well positioned, whichever way the numbers go.
You can access this and previous episodes of the Your Wealth podcast now on iTunes, Podbean, Spotify or at nabtrade.com.au/yourwealth
If you’re short on time, consider listening at 1.5-2x speed, which should be shown on the screen of your device as you listen. This won’t just reduce your listening time; it has also been shown to improve knowledge retention.