Morningstar’s Mark LaMonica describes himself as a ‘lonely bear in a bull market’ – despite having most of his wealth in equities. With decades of experience analysing markets and equities, he’s seeing signs of a bubble – or bubbles – everywhere. So what does an investor need to look out for?
As markets return to their highs, Mark joins Your Wealth to discuss:
- What finfluencers, Reddit boards and stonk memes have in common with previous bubbles
- Whether social media is feeding excessive prices for assets of all kinds
- Why the latest ‘financial experts’ are only a couple of textbook pages ahead of their students
- How lack of experience can be dangerous, and
- How to avoid the excesses, and still grow your wealth and knowledge.
You can access this and previous episodes of the Your Wealth podcast now on iTunes, Podbean, Spotify or at nabtrade.com.au/yourwealth
If you’re short on time, consider listening at 1.5-2x speed, which should be shown on the screen of your device as you listen. This won’t just reduce your listening time; it has also been shown to improve knowledge retention.