The research into well-being and its causes has often avoided the topic of finance - yet we all know that money, or the lack of it, can have a material impact on our happiness.
Nab economist Dean Pearson specialises in how wealth impacts well-being, and in this podcast shares:
- why time - and home ownership - matter so much
- how Covid affected the nation’s economic and emotional well-being
- what types of debt dramatically reduce well-being
- why your mortgage might be a source of satisfaction, not despair, and
- how to invest and spend for maximum happiness.
You can access this and previous episodes of the Your Wealth podcast now on iTunes, Podbean, Spotify or at nabtrade.com.au/yourwealth
If you’re short on time, consider listening at 1.5-2x speed, which should be shown on the screen of your device as you listen. This won’t just reduce your listening time; it has also been shown to improve knowledge retention.