Investors have increasingly been looking to Australian Real Estate Investment Trusts (AREITs) for income as interest rates fall, but Covid disruptions to retail shopping centres and office buildings have caused valuations to fluctuate. So do AREITs offer opportunity, and which sectors are worth looking at?
Charter Hall AREIT portfolio manager Jonathan Kriska offers his thoughts on:
- Why new sectors such as childcare centres and retirement living are growing
- The risks to office and retail property in a post Covid world
- Why industrial space such as warehouses for online commerce are booming
- How to diversify your property exposure, and why it matters, and
- The likely yields and capital growth potential of the REIT market in 2021.
You can access this and previous episodes of the Your Wealth podcast now on iTunes, Podbean, Spotify or at nabtrade.com.au/yourwealth
If you’re short on time, consider listening at 1.5-2x speed, which should be shown on the screen of your device as you listen. This won’t just reduce your listening time; it has also been shown to improve knowledge retention.