As the gold price has rallied, investors have started to question whether the precious metal deserves a place in a modern portfolio. Is it too late for speculators and should the lack of dividend be a dealbreaker?
In this broad-ranging discussion, Head of Commodities Research for nab Markets, Lachlan Shaw shares his thoughts on:
- Why gold and equities are both rallying
- Whether gold has ceased to be a defensive asset – or even a store of value
- The drivers of the gold price, and how they’ve changed over time
- How to access gold (directly, through an ETF or via a gold mining stock) and
- How seriously retail investors should consider a space for gold in their portfolios.